Friday 27 January 2017

Harmattan on Horse' Back

The harmattan's wind is blowing,
Men are already in the field;
Life arrived on horse' back,
The sun smiled from its nest;
Give me my binocular,
I want to go birding
Give me my field guide;
I have seen new species;
Harmattan wind is blowing,
And men are in the field;

I heard peace arriving,
Laughing doves were calling,
Gonolek answered too soon;
But the raptors were swimming
Joyfully in the morning breeze;
Give me my binor,
Give me my field guide ;
Our harmattan has arrived
Life has resurrected because the
Breeze brought healings along.

The leaves were dancing,
Scavenger birds called for truce;
Men were boys, and boys are now men,
The time change like Attenborough`s venture,
And our harmattan has arrived again;
The leaves sang with camaroptera
And men were working in the forest;
Children should fly their kites,
Women should winnow the chaff,
But men are already working in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment